Peace School Program
What is a Peace School?
A Rotary Peace School is one that encourages, fosters and promotes a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It demonstrates its unwavering commitment to the process of peace and involvement in the community. This is shown by the school’s pledge to stop violence in all forms, promote peace, a respect for life and dignity of others…as it applies to Rotary’s 4 Way Test (of the things we think, say or do):
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and better friendships?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Elementary schools that are designated as “Peace Schools” receive the following:
- Elementary Peace Schools are awarded a Peace Pole for their school property with the inscription “May Peace Prevail on Earth” in English, French and 2 other languages of their choice.
- they each receive a $300 cheque to be spent on a peace project in their school or in the community such as a “Buddy Bench” for their playground.
High Schools that are designated as “Peace School’s” receive a pull-up banner identifying the school as a Peace School with a peace dove.
To date: As of June 2019, the Rotary Club of Windsor-Roseland has designated 38 Elementary Peace Schools across Windsor and Essex County and 5 High Schools.
How to designate your school: Complete the application form (link below) and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elementary School Program View
High School Program View
For more information on the program, contact Peace School Committee at email@example.com.